Lord help me grow closer to you and deeper in your word.
Okay, so I'm starting to do homiletics over various parts of scripture that my loving mentor is challenging me with. I'm not going to do the full homiletics :) so keep reading. Please forgive me if I in any way misinterpret God's word, and lovingly direct me in the correct direction. Remember, I am just an ordinary girl on this wonderful journey :) Not a Paul, more like a Peter.
Read 2John Click here
SUBJECT SENTENCE
A letter to encourage and instruct believers in Christ.
AIM
Cause the audience to realize that Jesus is truth and anything that does not point to him is deception.
SPECIFIC APPLICATION
1. In what way do others speak truth into my life? (v1-3)
2. How can I encourage other believers to walk in truth? (v4-6)
3. Where am I tempted to leave Jesus behind? (v7-11)
4. Who am I taking time and investing into? (v12-13)
So there you have it! I challenge you to do the same. Take scripture, read it, meditate on it, ask God to reveal his word in a clear deeper way. And if you make a mistake, learn from it and continue on :)
No comments:
Post a Comment